Please find here all about the training session “Uniting African Youth for Peace hosted by UNOY Peacebuilders and IAP/
UNOY Peacebuilders declares IAP_Initiatives and Actions for Peace and Development “THE MEMBER OF THE MONTH”.
Find out all you may need to know about IAP work and vision by reading this latest UNOY Newsletter.
What’s your preferred one and why?
- Peace is not merely a distant goal that we seek, but a means by which we arrive at that goal. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- WAR IS OVER, IF YOU WANT IT. John and Yoko
- There is no way to peace. Peace is the way. A. J. Muste
- Since wars begin in the minds of men, it is in the minds of men that the defenses of peace must be constructed. UNESCO
- Peace is more precious than a piece of land. Anwar Sadat
- The peace makers shall be called the children of God. Bible
- How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him who brings good tidings, who publishes peace.Isaiah 52:7
- If you want to make peace, you don’t talk to your friends. You talk to your enemies. Moshe Dayan
- Think not forever of yourselves, O Chiefs, nor of your own generation. Think of continuing generations of our families, think of our grandchildren and of those yet unborn, whose faces are coming from beneath the ground. T. S. Eliot
- Nothing can bring you peace but yourself; nothing, but the triumph of principles. Ralph Waldo Emerson
- There never was a good war or a bad peace. Benjamin Franklin
- It is easier to lead men to combat, stirring up their passion, than to restrain them and direct them toward the patient labors of peace. Andre Gide
- Social advance depends as much upon the process through which it is secured as upon the result itself..Jane Addams
- Peace and friendship with all mankind is our wisest policy, and I wish we may be permitted to pursue it. Thomas Jefferson
- Yes, we are all different. Different customs, different foods, different mannerisms, different languages, but not so different that we cannot get along with one another. If we will disagree without being disagreeable. J. Martin Kohe
- Nonviolence is the supreme law of life. Indian Proverb
- Peace with a club in hand is war. Portugese Proverb
- We must build a new world, a far better world — one in which the eternal dignity of man is respected. Harry S. Truman
- Non-violence leads to the highest ethics,which is the goal of all evolution.Until we stop harming all other living beings , we are still savages. Thomas A. Edison
- Violence does, in truth, recoil upon the violent, and the schemer falls into the pit which he digs for another. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
- Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. Salvor Hardin
Posted by Armand GIRAMAHORO
Founder of IAP
CEO and President
Under the prestigious 2011 fellowship of the Dekeyser and Friends Foundation (D&F) http://www.dekeyserandfriends.org , an organization which vision is to inspire young people and enable them to follow their dreams by linking them to experienced personalities who want to share their passion, experience and knowledge; I gained hands-on experience from Phd. Samuel Ross, founder of Green Chimneys School (GC) www.greenchimneys.org . Created in 1947, GC is now a US nationally renowned, non-profit organization with a mission of restoring possibilities and creating futures of children with emotional, behavioral, social and learning challenges through educational, therapeutic and outreach services, while providing care for animals and nature, thereby promoting a philosophy of dignity and worth for living. It is from there that I came up to concretize my long time dream of empowering Burundian youth in order to achieve both sustainable peace and development in Burundi, thereby creating hope for a better future after a long civil crisis and the associated genocide that caused many deaths in that country and where youth were highly victimized and involved in violence perpetuation. Next to being highly motivated and working on the issues of youth and development associated to peace work for a long time already; I got inspired by Green Chimneys School’s birth, growth and its ethics of work and then I decided to develop the IAP-Initiatives and Actions for Peace and Development- project to further my dream and vision of building peace and development in Burundi through the empowerment of youth and peace education. And the IAP was born!
And we welcome you to take part this wonderful venture! Support us to building a mouvment of positive change in Burundi!